[open-bibliography] Fwd: [LODLAM] Get Yourself a Linked Data Piece of WorldCat to Play With

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sat Aug 18 04:16:16 UTC 2012

Tom,

I'll poke around and see if anyone is using any "easy" visualization
software. The Nat'l Lib. of Spain did some neat stuff with Graphviz, but
I have no idea what that took. [1]

For basic functionality, I'd love to see a minimal web form that would
launch a search via SPARQL. (Pubby may do this -- I don't see a screen
shot that answers this for me.) It would probably have to be limited to
searching on only certain values, but that's ok for a start. At minimum,
pulling up everything with the subject URI of an OCLC number or an
object with the VIAF URI. Since the URI patterns for those are set, it
should be possible to have a form for just the number and to fill in the
full URI for the search. An even easier alternative would be to supply
the SPARQL patterns for those searches, to be launched from within a web
page. I could find examples of what I mean if this isn't clear. In any
case, being able to do some minimal searching seems to be a best first step.

Thanks,

kc
[1] http://bne.linkeddata.es/graphvis/

--