[open-bibliography] Simple bibliography

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:42:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Jack Leigh <leighman-okfn at gmx.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are trying to set up an online bibliography for the Converting the Isle
> project (http://www.asnc.cam.ac.uk/conversion/) and would like it to be
> easy to format, update, search by tags etc.
> Does anyone have any advice on a system for this?
> Zotero seems like the way to go as the use-case is quite simple. How does
> eg. the HTML export from Zotero shape up?
> I had a look at bibserver but it seems far too heavyweight and couldn't
> find a way to edit existing collections, only add new ones.

Mendeley is another reference/bibliography manager which is popular.  There
are a number of comparisons of Zotero vs Mendeley (and often EndNote)
around the web, but they tend to get dated as the packages evolve.  Here's
one: http://hlwiki.slais.ubc.ca/index.php/Zotero_vs._Mendeley but since it
was written Zotero has added duplicate detection/merging and Mendeley has
added support for CSL so you can create your own citation styles (or better
yet, reuse someone elses).

Tom