[open-bibliography] Articles and reviews

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Jan 3 21:39:53 UTC 2012

I'm digitizing books and sometimes journals, which sometimes contain
book reviews. What kind of mark-up is there to indicate that this
text here is a review of book B by author A, written by reviewer R?
Is there any place where one can search for reviews of book B?
Or reviews of books by A? Or reviews by R?

As an example, here is a review of Macneill Weir: "The tragedy of
Ramsay MacDonald", http://runeberg.org/tiden/1939/0129.html

Should I just digitize the full text and be happy without mark-up?
Is it meaningful to dig deeper into this? Is anybody doing that?
As far as I know, neither Wikisource, Project Gutenberg, the Internet
Archive, nor OpenLibrary are trying to do it.

I could look up each book in OpenLibrary and add a user comment
that a review of the book exists. Is that the best I can do?
http://openlibrary.org/works/OL7639149W/The_tragedy_of_Ramsay_MacDonald

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/