[open-bibliography] Readership of "Open Bibliography for Science, Technology, and Medicine"

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 08:50:33 UTC 2012

I received this from BiomedCentral.

Dear Dr Murray-Rust,

We thought you might be interested to know how many people have read your
article:

Open Bibliography for Science, Technology, and Medicine
Richard Jones, Mark MacGillivray, Peter Murray-Rust, Jim Pitman, Peter
Sefton, Ben O'Steen and William Waites
Journal of Cheminformatics, 3:47   (14 Oct 2011)
http://www.jcheminf.com/content/3/1/47

Total accesses to this article since publication: 1701

This figure includes accesses to the full text, abstract and PDF of the
article on the Journal of Cheminformatics website. It does not include
accesses from PubMed Central or other archive sites (see
http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/libraries/archive). The total access
statistics for your article are therefore likely to be significantly higher.

Your article is 'Highly accessed' relative to age. See
http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/about/mostviewed/ for more information
about the 'Highly accessed' designation.

I think this can be seen as a combined product of the perceived value of
the article and its publication as Open Access (CC-BY). Openness increases
the value of multiple metrics. In general where we can add access
statistics to a resource of any kind then they are valuable. And it's a
nice bit of positive feedback to the OKF in general.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics