[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 18 23:35:04 UTC 2012

Mark,
I tried following your instructions below, but I could not make them work.
To reiterate my point, after uploading a dataset from

https://raw.github.com/langner/library/master/library.small.bib

to bibsoup, by whatever means, with whatever name, I should be able to retrieve this dataset from a url
as simple as

http://bibsoup.net?source=https://raw.github.com/langner/library/master/library.small.bib

Whatever your internal ids, I believe this is as simple as tagging  the dataset with its source
url, and retrieving from the database by the value of the source_url tag.  Isnt that so? I think
this is implicit in your instructions.
Can you please advise how to do that, and document exactly how to retrieve a dataset from its source url,
by a machine, and not by a human?

many thanks

--Jim