[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Wed Jan 18 23:57:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Jim Pitman <pitman at stat.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> to bibsoup, by whatever means, with whatever name, I should be able to retrieve this dataset from a url
> as simple as
>
> http://bibsoup.net?source=https://raw.github.com/langner/library/master/library.small.bib
>
> Whatever your internal ids, I believe this is as simple as tagging  the dataset with its source
> url, and retrieving from the database by the value of the source_url tag.  Isnt that so? I think
> this is implicit in your instructions.
> Can you please advise how to do that, and document exactly how to retrieve a dataset from its source url,
> by a machine, and not by a human?

Not quite as simple as one URL, but achievable via a machine,
depending on the language in which you are writing, by the equivalent
of the following:

1) curl -X GET 'http://bibsoup.net/collections/?q=source:"http://bibserver.berkeley.edu/tmp/testbib.bib"&format=json&meta=false'

2) The JSON result will include [0]['id'] and [0]['owner']

3) from which can be inferred http://bibsoup.net/pitman/test_bib

I have added an feature request to the issues to add a /source/<url> routing.

Mark