[open-bibliography] DM2E Tools Now Ready for Test Driving!

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Wed Jul 11 13:33:39 UTC 2012

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Hi Open Biblio Community,

For the last six months the Open Knowledge Foundation has been working on a
new EU project called Digitised Manuscripts to Europeana
(DM2E<http://dm2e.eu>).
The aims of the project are to enable as many content providers as possible
to integrate their collections into Europeana and to build open source
tools for the re-use of this data.

We now have prototypes of two of these tools, Korbo and Pundit, that are
ready for user testing. I'm sure these tools will be of interest to many on
this list. Please do try them out and give us feedback via the Google Forms
below so that we can improve the tools on future iterations.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the
project as a whole or the tools below.

All the best,
Sam

---

*Korbo*

Korbo is a powerful aggregation platform for gathering Linked Data objects
relevant to your area of research into single workspaces or “baskets”.

Korbo is targetted priarily at developers who want to build applications on
top of its API and make full use of linked cultural data from sources such
as Europeana, FreeBase and DBPedia.

Korbo is currently in the early stages of development, but you can already
try out a demo version of the platform. Please do give us feedback on your
experiences as this is invaluable information for future iterations – Korbo
user feedback questionnaire<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHNXd0ZleUx5RDlYZTRTekFJLWtVZGc6MQ#gid=0>
.

TEST KORBO <http://korbo.muruca.org/demo.php>

*Pundit*

Pundit is a powerful but easy to use semantic annotation tool that can work
with the objects collected within a Korbo “basket.

It enables you to link sections of text to each other or to other Linked
Data resources on the net such as DBPedia, Freebase and Geonames.

Pundit is currently in its Alpha phase, but you can already try out a demo
version of the platform. Please remember to give us feedback on your
experinces of Pundit via the Pundit
questionnaire<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dExoMEV1MGJEcm9PNzF4VkI2NzZBRXc6MQ#gid=0>

TEST PUNDIT <http://thepund.it/demo.php>

*Going forward*

Both tools will continue to be developed as part of the DM2E (Digitised
Manuscripts to Europeana) project on the basis of feedback we receive from
user testing and continuing work on user requiremnets and scholarly
primitives led by Professor Gradmann at the Humboldt Universität.

To follow the project and receive updates about events, conferences and
code sprints we are running, please sign up to the project mailing
list<http://sympa.cms.hu-berlin.de/sympa/subscribe/dm2e-news> or
visit the project website <http://dm2e.eu/>.

--
Sam Leon