[open-bibliography] Reminder: Open Science Hackday: 7 Jul, London

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sun Jun 24 20:40:39 UTC 2012

Hi All

Just a reminder that the next Open Science hackday will be taking place in
a couple of weeks and it would be great to see some of you in person or
online! Please sign up as soon as you can for numbers and so we can see
what interesting projects people are interested in working on.

When: Saturday 7 July 2012, 1000-1700 UTC+1
Where: Centre for Creative Collaboration (
http://www.creativecollaboration.org.uk/ ), London
OR
OKFN IRC channel (#okfn on irc.oftc.net and full details of how to connect
(including via a web browser) can be found at: http://okfn.org/contact/)

Sign up: http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-hackday-jul7

Our last outing to the Barbican saw a small but dedicated group working on
projects as diverse as services for open access policies, extracting
phylogenetic tree information from PDFs, storing crowdsourced data in CKAN
and more. This time we're going to be bigger and better with a dedicated
space which will hopefully be filled by YOU.

If you'd like to come along, please add yourself to the Etherpad
http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-hackday-jul7 and if you have a specific idea
you'd like to work on, add that too and you'll have a couple of minutes at
the start of the hackday to tell everyone about it so we can link you up
with people who'd like to help.

You don't need to have an idea for anything to work on or even any coding
skills to join, there are plenty of opportunities to get stuck in with
other people's projects and many non-technical tasks, especially if you
like writing or design.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and I look forward to
seeing many of you on 7 July!

Jenny