[open-bibliography] Source of bibliographic refs for humanities?

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jun 25 18:17:38 UTC 2012

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Tom Oinn <tom.oinn at okfn.org> wrote:
> > Is there a BibServer instance I could point at which is likely to
> > contain the kind of references a scholar in the humanities would wish
> > to use as citations? I'm thinking of philosophy in particular but a
> > broader index would be fine.

I suggest you approach David Bourget http://www.dbourget.com/  maintainer of http://philpapers.org/ for permission
to run a BibServer instance over PhilPapers data:
"PhilPapers is a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers.
We monitor journals in many areas of philosophy, as well as archives and personal pages.
We also accept articles directly from users, who can provide links or upload copies."

--Jim P.

Jim Pitman
Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California