[open-bibliography] Orphan data

Owen Stephens owen at ostephens.com
Fri Mar 2 10:11:22 UTC 2012

So why not setup a clearing house service by which OKF takes orphaned data (or other with unclear rights) and publishes it with an open license?

The Open Library doesn't go this far in terms of asserting a license, opting for the vague "It's complicated". However, anecdotally, by acting as an intermediary with an 'open' intent, they have enabled re-use that otherwise might have been seen as too risky.

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com