[open-bibliography] Bibliographical data for the world's lesser known languages

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:22:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Sebastian Nordhoff
<sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
> for the last 2.5 years, I have been working on Langdoc, a comprehensive
> collection of bibliographical data for the world's lesser known languages.
> It provides access to more than 180,000 references of descriptive works such
> as grammars, dictionaries, word lists, texts etc. Search criteria include
> author, year, title, document type, macro‐area, and genealogical
> affiliation.

Very cool!  What relation, if any, does this have to the Ethnologue or
Rosetta projects?

> Data are available under CC-BY-NC due to some issues upstream.

Depending on how the data have been mingled and how separable they
are, you might consider distributing two data sets: 1) your current
CC-BY-NC data set and 2) a CC-BY subset without the NC restriction.

Tom