[open-bibliography] Orphan data

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Mon Mar 5 11:14:10 UTC 2012

What about using the Public Domain Mark[1]? If the organizations and
individuals involved in creating and hosting the dataset are known and
none of them claims copyright over the datayou are basically saying:
"This already IS public domain because no one has right sover this
data and thus no one can license it." That's what the PD mark is
intended to be used for.

Or have I misunderstood something? This might be a topic foprm
tomorrow's virtual meeting. Will you attend it, Karen?

Adrian

[1] http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/