[open-bibliography] [ol-discuss] Multivolume works

Wilkin, John jpwilkin at umich.edu
Fri May 4 16:16:03 UTC 2012

I know it's hard to believe, particularly in light of what you see online
in Google Books, but for the library partnership program Google gets
MARCXML records from the partner libraries.  That the representation of
the information ends up so far away from what the library knew about the
work and communicated to Google is less a question of "missing
information" (again, see John Mark Ockerbloom's comparison of HathiTrust
and Google for what is often the same volume and same source) than it is a
question of strategy.