[open-bibliography] Next Virtual Meeting postponed to November, 13th 2012, 16:00 GMT

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Thu Nov 22 08:00:56 UTC 2012

Hello Tom,

please excuse the delayed response. Regarding this:

> Restructuring of OKF
>
> Projects and tools are now pulled into OKFN labs, which will mainly focus on
> government and financial data: http://okfnlabs.org/

As I understood Joris who reported on this this doesn't mean that OKFN
won't do anything in the realm of bibliographic data anymore. It just
means that OKFN labs will be built up and that OKFNlabs will focus on
government and finacnial data. Joris brought this up because he wants
to build something similar for GLAM projects (something like
"openglamlabs"). So the bibliographic data efforts and GLAM projects
won't go away in OKF at least so long this group does some work on it.

The rest of the minutes reads accordingly:

[quote]
* Rather than “orphan” the other projects, there is now another lab in
development for those, including Bibserver.
* Example projects/code and blog posts that woul find their place at
this “open culture lab”:
** Working with DBPedia extracting data to put into timeline, see here.
** Querying DBpedia for Public Domain Authors:
http://www.uebertext.org/2012/10/querying-dbpedia-to-find-public-domain.html
* Joris, Sam and Etienne Posthumus working on this. Please propose
projects to Joris and Sam and they can help.
* Suggest: organize “code days” for bibliographic data
[quote]

All the best
Adrian