[open-bibliography] Digital Collections Contexts Workshop at iConference 2014
Valentine.Charles at KB.nl
Tue Dec 3 11:50:52 UTC 2013
**Apologies for cross-posting**
Digital Collection Contexts:
Intellectual and Organizational Functions at Scale
Full-day workshop at iConference
March 4, 2014
Registration is now open for a full-day workshop that examines conceptual and practical aspects of collections and the context they provide in the digital environment, especially in large-scale cultural heritage aggregations. Collections will be considered in relation to the information needs of scholars, roles of cultural institutions, and international interoperability. The workshop aims to:
* Broaden the conversation across an international community
* Further the research and development agenda for digital aggregations
* Relate conceptual advances to implementation goals
* Identify realistic approaches for collection representation, contextualization, and interoperability at scale
Sessions will be led by European and North American experts from iSchools and projects developing large-scale digital cultural heritage collections.
* Morning session: Conceptual Foundations of Digital Collections
* Carole L. Palmer and Karen Wickett (CIRSS, University of Illinois)
* Hur-li Lee (School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
* Martin Doerr (Institute of Computer Science, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas)
* Carlo Meghini (Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche).
* Afternoon session: Practical Implications for Digital Collections
* Antoine Isaac (Europeana Foundation)
* Emily Gore and Amy Rudersdorf (Digital Public Library of America)
* Sheila Anderson (Centre for e-Research, King's College London)
* Shenghui Wang (OCLC Research)
* Mark Stevenson and Paul Clough (Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield)
For a complete program and additional information about the workshop, please visit http://bit.ly/collectionsworkshop2014.
Early bird registration deadline is Sunday, December 15, 2013. Workshops are included in the cost of conference registration. For more details, please see http://ischools.org/the-iconference/registration/.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-bibliography