[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

todd.d.robbins at gmail.com todd.d.robbins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:30:01 UTC 2013

> Perhaps the documentation and PR doesn't do justice to what is
> actually going to happen, but I'd be a lot more impressed if the LC,
> DPLA, Google (both Books & Search), OpenLibrary, OCLC and an open
> source ILS team or two got together and said we're going to sit down
> and figure out how we work together.
>
> Tom

I'm in agreement with Tom on this. Bring the practitioners of the future of
open bibliography around the table to develop an open standard, one that
won't be monetized or held behind pay walls (OCLC I'm talking to you)

This being my humble opinion as a librarian...

--
Tod Robbins
Digital Collections Librarian, MLIS