[open-bibliography] List for Working Group on Open Bibliographic Data

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Wed Jan 16 16:39:45 UTC 2013

One thing that we ran into when chatting with DC is that DC is now
incorporated in Singapore -- and thus is not eligible for US grants. W3C
is seen as an "international" effort, and granting agencies seem to be
wary of dipping into something that wide-ranging. They prefer US-based
organizations with lots of structure behind them. NISO gets grants in
part because its members are solid corporations and institutions.

kc