[open-bibliography] Inviting community engagement on building a bibliographic roadmap

Tom Johnson johnson.tom at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 23:48:35 UTC 2013

>  But what you have here is data you resolve when you know a DOI. But you
never get a list of DOIs fulfilling a certain criteria.

Right. When I first saw this, I was hopeful that the author URI's (e.g.
http://id.crossref.org/contributor/e-m-hansen-2iohzxipawvj7) would resolve
to something. They don't--and I can't find any examples of two items by the
same author sharing the same creator URI. As implemented, these would as
well be blank nodes.

It's possible the Linked Data approach will pay off as ORCID (for example)
develops. For now, it's really only useful if you already know which items
you want data for and have or can easily get DOIs for them.

- Tom