[open-bibliography] PubMed

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Nov 9 16:26:59 UTC 2015

  Thad Guidry writes

> Just reach out to Pubmed themselves and ask them those same questions.

  I already wrote two emails simply to know if there was a smarter way.

  I can't expect them to provide consultancy as to the more intricate
  stuff.

  If they wanted NLM could just include the current API-only records
  in the data released to licencees. After all, from casual
  inspection, the format appears to be the same, you just get an extra
  bit after the <medlinecitation> element from the API data. And the
  ftp data already has several versions of the same pubmed
  record. It's something I have taken care off by writing my own
  indexer.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel