[Open-climate-science] Two projects

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Thu Jun 24 08:08:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

David J and I have a couple of projects on the go. I'll let David describe
his.

Mine is to use write a screen scraper (on scraper wiki) to get all the
spending on UK energy infrastructure and climate change mitigation costs
out of COINS. I'll provide the reasoning behind getting this data on the
wiki soon.

Also I have been working with Richard Osborne and Peter Jackson on a
project visualising DUKES
<http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/statistics/publications/dukes/dukes.aspx>.

This is our first visualisation from Richard O.

http://objectgroup.org/uk-energy-use-1970-2007.jpg

It shows energy usage in the UK. Let me know what you think.

Lisa