[Open-data-census] How to add data to the Open Data Census (a quick how-to)

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Tue Jun 4 08:23:32 BST 2013

Dear Census Editors,

Although many of you are already at full speed, we wanted to provide a
quick how-to for adding new datasets and reviewing old entries.

*ADDING NEW DATASETS*

If you go to http://census.okfn.org/country/ and click, "Add data to the
census" you'll go to a Google form which asks about a range of datasets. If
you see a field that is empty in the Census (from your country or another),
then please feel free to find and add the relevant data set.

*REVIEWING AND UPDATING DATASETS*

With the others - it would be wonderful if you could *review the
accuracy*of previous submissions, via the review
sheet<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiWM2KV46Zt0dGxMVVo3c3JKZ2U0NHVzZVozSEJwdXc#gid=0>.
As Editor, it would be great if you could coordinate it so that all of the
datasets for your country are reviewed to make sure they are still up to
date and accurate. You can review the data only through the spreadsheet,
and you'll need access to be granted (simply shoot me an email on
christian.villum at okfn.org and I'll give you access).

Does that make sense? Let us know if any questions!

As mentioned, we are looking to get the Census up to date this week and the
next, so we hope you can help make that happen!

-Christian

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on