[Open-data-census] Open Data Census Press Release for adaptation and distribution

Neal Bastek neal.bastek at okfn.org
Wed Jun 12 16:53:45 BST 2013

Hello all,

Below you'll find a link to an early draft of the English version of our
press release for the Open Data Census push happening in conjunction with
the upcoming G8 meeting:

https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1BcHJKt7aAL9-n1saj5Nu-t51-QKBn8_GtjKVcNd9Oak
*
*
*Please take some time to adapt the language to your local context,
translate if necessary, and distribute the release widely to your local
press contacts by Friday morning. *
*
*
*It is critical that all local releases are under the same embargo (until
10.00 BST Friday the 14th) so that they don't preempt the larger
announcement. Please make this clear by including it in the header of your
adapted releases.*

Once you've prepared a localized release, please send a copy or link to us
at local at okfn.org so we can include it in our own press outreach and blog
posts.

Again, it is critical that this release remain private until the embargo is
lifted on Friday. Please do not share this link with anyone outside of your
OKFN members.

We're happy to field questions and provide assistance here, let me know if
you need it. We expect to have translated versions of this text for at
least the G8 countries by late tomorrow. If you can volunteer to translate
and/or would like a copy of a particular translation, please let me know.

Thank you everyone for your efforts! We are looking forward to seeing open
data splashed across the world's headlines.

Best,
Neal

--
Neal Bastek
Community Manager, The Open Knowledge Foundation

skype: nealbastek
tweet: @nbastek <https://twitter.com/nbastek>
mobile/sms: +1 (0) 413.588.8813