[Open-data-census] Census questions from Russia

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 10:24:49 BST 2013

Hi Christian

2013/9/30 Christian Villum <christian.villum at okfn.org>

> It's a difficult one (shared by many others, I assume). Do you remember
> how you approached this back in June?
> I would suggest perhaps focusing on the most prominent dataset available
> on national level, if any, or any other data set that might classify as the
> most important one, and submit that with a copy/paste of your explanation
> from this email in the comments field.

Well, last time in June we took Russian rail "RZD" data as example and
final result based on RZD timetables openness, but this is not completely
right since rail transport is not the only national level transport in
Russia. Also we have inland waterways, air transport timetables and so on.
I think that this is just one of issues to reorganize census to the *more
structured" form.

> As I understand those data are not available from same source? This
> category is meant to focus on the availability of general pollution, and in
> case these data are only available under separate conditions and from
> separate sources, I would love to hear from the rest of the community if
> this is the case elsewhere (so we can learn from that) and in any case,
> suggestions and ideas for how it may be approached?

Yes, right now we have no one source for environmental data. Actually this
data available on about dozen websites. Also most pollution data is not
under _national level_ government responsibility.

--
С уважением,
  Иван Бегтин

Директор НП "Информационная культура"
email: ibegtin at infoculture.ru
phone: +7 499 500 96 58, +7 910 426 68 83
website: http://infoculture.ru