[Open-data-census] Hong Kong Open Data Census

Bill Proudfit bill.proudfit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 15:47:29 BST 2013

Hi All,

I've self-appointed myself the HK representative for the County Open Data
Census community.  HK is not technically a country but in terms of open
data it has issues and scope that are like a country.  For example, a large
and sophisticated group of census and statistical datasets.  A few months
ago I updated the city census page for HK, http://census.okfn.org/city/.
 One observation, it can be tricky to classify which datasets are being
made open using these categories.

I'm originally from the U.S and have been based in HK since 1989.
 Professionally, I have worked as in records, information and knowledge
management for decades.  All of my professional details are on LinkedIn.

Frankly, I'm old but I still keep trying to learn.  I'm immersed at the
moment in trying to pass a 7-week Coursera Introduction to Programming -
The Fundamentals https://class.coursera.org/programming1-002/class/index.
I'm hanging in Tokyo until the end of the month but so far all I've done is
worry about Python function definitions and return statements.  Next week,
at the International Association of Facilitators - Asia conference here in
Tokyo, I'll facilitate a workshop on the 'knowledge wheel' using a
facilitation technique called the 'Gurteen Knowledge Cafe'.

I'm looking forward to collaborating with all of you on the County Open
Data Census work.

Hope this helps,

Bill
--