[Open-data-census] 2013 Index ranking differs from 2013 ranking according to 2014 results

Emma Beer emma.beer at okfn.org
Fri Dec 12 08:29:20 UTC 2014

Dear Pierre,

Thanks a lot for your email.

We'll be working on this more early next week as we'd like to investigate
further. Some updating of data since may have affected rankings showing on
the 2013 status, which may be slightly different from the status published
at the cut-off point for the 2013 publication or a bug may be affecting
this.  In any case, the numbers represented in the press release are
correct and the jump upwards for France this year is something to be
championed.  We will come back to you as soon as we can.

With best wishes,

Emma

On 11 December 2014 at 16:10, Pierre Chrzanowski <
pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I just got an email from a French newspaper about the 2013 Open
> Data ranking.
>
> According to 2014 Index, France was #12 last year [1], but according to
> 2013 Index France was #16 [2].
>
> Same problem with Moldova http://index.okfn.org/place/moldova/
> or Iceland http://index.okfn.org/place/iceland/
>
> Best
> Pierre
>
> [1] https://opendataindex.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/visualisations/top20h.png
> [2] http://index.okfn.org/place/france/

Emma Beer

Senior Project Manager |Skype: emma.beer  |  tel: +44 07921 426 523

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>