[Open-data-census] How to localize the name of cities for Local Open Data Census

Masayuki Hatta mhatta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 08:40:28 UTC 2014

Hi, thanks for tip!

Seems there is a bug which prevent the system from reloading/updating
the config if Name(not ID) in Places starts with multi-byte
characters. e,g, "Tokyo 東京" works(that's something Taiwan folks use as
a kludge(?)), but simply "東京" not.  Could you check the system log to
see what's going on?

BTW, It's okay for us Japanese to show the city names in (only)
Japanese in Name, but I guess non-Japanese speakers don't appreciate
that.  Would'nt it  be nice to have a mechanism to switch Japanese /
English city names by locales? (seems most of messages and Questions
and Descriptions are fully i18n-ed).

Best regards,
MH

hatta.masayuki at surugadai.ac.jp