[Open-data-census] US City Census Updates

Andrew Hyder andrewh at codeforamerica.org
Sat May 3 19:45:30 UTC 2014

Hi Open Data Census Community,

Code for America <http://codeforamerica.org/> has recently committed to
improving the Open Data Census tool to be used by volunteer Brigade
program<http://codeforamerica.org/brigade/>as an advocacy tool in
their communities. We plan to have our improvements
in place by May 31st for the National Day of Civic
Hacking<http://hackforchange.org/>
.

We will encourage all participants to make a day long activity of filling
out the Census. We had a great experience doing it in San
Francisco<http://us-city.census.okfn.org/place/sanfrancisco>.
Afterwards, the Census can be used as a public facing tool that advocates
can use in discussions with their City officials.

We've added some Issues <https://github.com/okfn/opendatacensus/issues> to
the project's GitHub repo with the improvements we'd like to see. Any help
and discussion would be appreciated. Almost all of them we believe would be
improvements to the all instances of the tool, with a few US City specific
ideas.

We're really excited by the great work that has been done so far on the
Census and want to work with you all to improve it even more.

Andrew Hyder ::
Developer Relations Engineer
2013 Code For America Fellow
@hackyourcity <http://twitter.com/hackyourcity>