[Open-data-census] scoring budgets

Michaela Rybičková michaela.rybickova at motejl.cz
Fri Nov 7 08:19:32 UTC 2014

Dear Index community,

I have a question about budgets - in CZ, the data for 2014 are available
<http://monitor.statnipokladna.cz/en/2014/statni-rozpocet/> (updated on a
quaterly basis). Me personally wouldn't consider it a plan for future
expenditure. The budget for 2015 has not been approved yet and not even a
framework or estimate is available. Therefore, I would score the dataset as
not available.

But one expert has an opinion, that data for this year are sufficient - as
they represent a plan for this year in 3 phases - estimates, changes,
actual expenditure (which is updated quaterly). From this point of view,
our data would be scored as available, machine readable and available in
bulk, just not available on timely basis.
I get his point,but I wonder whether such result would be comparable with
for example New Zealand, who will get very similar score for publishing
data for 2015 http://www.treasury.govt.nz/budget/2015 (and therefore, much
more useful in terms of future expenditure).

I'm curious about your thoughts!

Michaela Rybičková
koordinátorka

*FOND OTAKARA MOTEJLA*

Hradecká 18
130 00 Praha 3
tel.: +420 226 227 703
mobil: +420 728 872 564
e-mail: michaela.rybickova at motejl.cz
www.motejl.cz

Fond Otakara Motejla spravuje Nadace Open Society Fund Praha.