[open-data-day] looking towards ODHD14

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:47:29 BST 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering how people here feel about ODHD as it was last time: did
the move to February work out? I certainly think so, by the way. Better
than December.

Can one safely assume we are doing this again next February, in 2014? I
would certainly hope so.

Indeed, me and a few others in the Dutch open data community are hatching a
plan to make sure there are activities next time in 38 cities across the
Netherlands. We've already started preparations for that. These 38 cities
have recently signed up for the 'Digital City Agenda' which contains open
data commitments and is a local translation of the wider EU Digital Agenda.
We intend to keep them to their commitment with the next ODHD as a deadline.

It would greatly help if we can already say that next ODHD is in February
2014.
Do we all feel comfortable to already do that?

Let me know what you think.

best,
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts