[open-data-day] ODHD14 Netherlands initiative is about to start

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:42:40 BST 2013

Hi all,

Earlier when we discussed setting the date for next year's International
Open Data Day already, I wrote how we (me and 3 colleagues) planned to
arrange for teams in 38 cities in the Netherlands to participate on that
day. These are the 38 most populated cities in the country.

We are now about to launch the initiative. On http://opendataday.nl you can
see the site we are launching (in Dutch obviously but you will get the gist
of it with machine translation)

Community members in five cities already have committed to organizing a
local event, so that on our map (http://opendatadag.nl/de-38-steden/) some
markers are already green. There's also a flyer (
http://opendatadag.nl/download-flyer/), in Dutch as well.

In May we will start reaching out to various groups in the national Open
Data community, to explore how to bring them on board. First appointments
(such as with Waag Society, a key player in the various Open Data
challenges that have taken place) have been made.

In cities where there is currently no local community around open data, we
will start bringing people together actively. So that all those 38 cities
will have a local community by the time we get to February 2014.

Hopefully you are already looking forward to International Open Data Day
2014 as much as we do! :)

best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts