[open-data-manual] [okfn-discuss] Open Data Manual & some fun

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:43:11 UTC 2011

On 4 July 2011 08:44, Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:

> The technology we've chosen is a well used Sphinx documentation tool. When
> Rufus & I were discussing which tools to use, we thought it would be best to
> make sure that we use a mature tool that produced great web output. Sphinx
> is used by other OKF projects, because of its wide adoption by the Python
> community.

Sphinx can actually also produce decent PDF output via Latex. E.g. For
IPython, we publish documentation as both HTML and PDF:
http://ipython.org/documentation.html . This isn't a corner case - Python,
Sphinx and Numpy all publish PDF versions of their (Sphinx based) docs. It's
just a separate build option.

Best wishes,
Thomas