[open-data-manual] How do I suggest things for the manual?

Tim McNamara tim.mcnamara at okfn.org
Thu Jul 21 05:30:55 UTC 2011

On 15 July 2011 04:58, Sara Farmer <sara.farmer at btinternet.com> wrote:

> 1) Where are the major catalogues for open data (i.e. where are the lists
> of which countries and orgs have open data and where), and

Jonathan has mentioned the excellent datacatalogs.org. However, that's
restricted to government sources by design. Try searching thedatahub.org for
catalog, catalogue and directory.

> would it be useful to add a section to the manual on the lines of "tell
> people around the world about your data", listing those catalogues (and
> email lists, e.g. the OKFN one) with suggestions on how to publicise (e.g.
> useful twitter hashtags etc).

Very much so.

Currently there is a "Make it discoverable section" [0]. Perhaps that should
be more discoverable. Extensions welcome!

[0]
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/opendatamanual/src/c1c8c7e4086a/source/how-to-open-up-data/make-it-discoverable.rst