[open-data-manual] ODM German translation

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Jul 26 09:55:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Its on guthub: https://github.com/marians/opendatamanual/
>
> That's great news (@Marian: I've just brought the github repo up to
> date -- see my post just now to this list).
>
> We should probably think a little about how we do translations then :-)

> 1. Use sphinx i18n capabilities: <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/latest/intl.html>
> 2. Have branches for different languages
> 3. Have different directories for different languages in main branch

As for deployment, rgrp, timClicks and I have decided to put
translations to /<isocode> with the original moving to /en soon. So
the partially German version is now at:

http://opendatamanual.org/de/

This allows us to later use more advanced sphinx stuff if we like,
while sparing us from having to create s3 buckets for each
translation.

- Friedrich

--
Open Knowledge Foundation