[open-data-manual] Preface like content

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Sep 5 12:34:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to see some more preface like content as one would
expect in a real book, and I hope the ODM wants to become
at least an ebook.

As I'm still a bit confused about the impacts of adding new
text files to the translation machinery on transifex.net
(stuff for another question/message...), I'm hesitating to
compile something right away.

But I've found an example I can point to that should also
be of interest to OKFN from a content point of view. ;-)

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/web-design-and-development/9780596805357/preface/typographical_conventions_used_in_this_b

http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/get/  (PDF)

Looks like good inspiration and, of course, it's not only
about typographical conventions, but also contact info etc.
And, sure, adding some of that might make more sense in a
later phase of writing.

Regards,

Dinu