[open-data-manual] Sphinx/Transifex translation tool chain

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 8 00:18:59 UTC 2011

On 6 September 2011 09:49, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> "Tim McNamara" <tim.mcnamara at okfn.org>:
[...]
> An idea popping-up now is if it would make sense to add the
> .pot files into GitHub, maybe only when reaching certain re-
> leases or milestones? One advantage would be that people

We already add the main pot file to github -- see:

<https://github.com/okfn/opendatamanual/blob/master/translation/all.pot>

And obviously we add individual translations when reasaonably complete.

> could see them without needing an account on Transifex (at
> least I could download the Italian ODM .pot files there only
> after logging in). Or people could work offline on transla-
> tions, although Transifex is really fun. But I guess that
> would mean more itegration work with Transifex... I said,
> just an idea...

Re language files we can happily add them regularly or even on a
semi-automated basis but as you surmise need to then handle push/pull
from transifex (there are tools to automate this).

Rufus