[open-data-handbook] Open Data Handbook v1.0 - now launched!

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Wed Feb 22 11:23:50 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Congratulations! The new version of the Open Data Handbook has now been
officially announced on our
blog<http://blog.okfn.org/2012/02/22/announcing-the-open-data-handbook-version-1-0/>.
Please do take a look, share it, tweet about it and spread the good news!

We are aware that the Handbook is not yet complete or perfect - which is
part of what makes it so exciting! Minor issues and edits can be noted on
our issue tracker <https://github.com/okfn/opendatahandbook> on github.
More major additions, amendments and re-writes can be discussed either
on-list, or sent to the new opendatahandbook[@]okfn.org email address. We
hope that today's announcement will build momentum in the community so that
an updated and improved version of the Handbook can be released soon.

Finally, we'd really love to get the Handbook translated into as many
languages as possible. You can see the progress of different languages on
Transifex <https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/opendatahandbook/> and add
and edit translations there.

Thank you once again for all your hard work!

All the best,
Laura

--
Laura Newman