[open-development] New report on sharing aid information is now open for comments

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Wed Oct 7 05:06:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:24, Simon Parrish <simon at devinit.org> wrote:

> *Recommendation 1* - Aid information should be legally open. The standard
> should require a core set of standard licenses for pubishing aid information
> under.
> *Recommendation 2* - Aid information should be technically open. The
> standard should require that raw data is made available in bulk (not just
> via an API or web interface) with any relevant schema information
> *Recommendation 3* - Aid information should be easily findable. The
> standard should require that aid organisations add their knowledge assets to
> a registry with some basic metadata describing the information.

I think these are excellent recommendations, and we have no trouble actively
supporting them. In fact we already supported them, but you've put them in a
nice clear way.

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia