[open-development] FW: overview of Global HIV and AIDS Databases - from a UNICEF perspective
rob at aidsportal.org
Wed Apr 13 08:39:33 UTC 2011
Please see below for a Unicef webinar on their HIV and AIDS databases. Useful opportunity to engage them in CKAN?
UK Consortium on AIDS & International Development
International HIV/AIDS Alliance
rob at aidsportal.org
Skype - r.worthington
Phone - +44 1273 712955
From: Rekha Viswanathan <rviswanathan at unicef.org<mailto:rviswanathan at unicef.org>>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:38:21 -0400
To: Rekha Viswanathan <rviswanathan at unicef.org<mailto:rviswanathan at unicef.org>>
Subject: overview of Global HIV and AIDS Databases - from a UNICEF perspective
UNICEF is pleased to invite you for a webinar on April 19th, where the following questions will be answered:
* What are the global HIV-related databases maintained by UNICEF, and what kind of information can I find in them?
* Where can I find these data?
* How are the data validated, and how up-to-date are they?
An interactive discussion will follow the presentation from UNICEF technical experts on statistics and monitoring.
Further details are below.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
What: an interactive web conference with UNICEF
When: 19 April, 2011, 8.50 am – 10:20 am New York time
Where: In front of your computer, anywhere. Just click on
UNICEF is pleased to host an interactive web conference on where to find the latest data on children and AIDS. The following questions, and more, will be answered:
• What are the global HIV-related databases maintained by UNICEF, and what kind of information can I find in them?
• Where can I find these data?
• How are the data validated, and how up-to-date are they?
8h50 – 9h00 Participants log in and prep with moderator
9h00 – 9h05 Introductions: Rekha Viswanathan
9h05 – 9h10 Welcome: Tessa Wardlaw, Associate Director, Statistics and Monitoring Section, UNICEF
9h10 – 9h45 Overview of Global HIV & AIDS Databases at UNICEF HQ: Priscilla Akwara, Senior Adviser, Statistics and Monitoring Section, UNICEF
9h45 – 10h15 Questions and Answers
10h15 – 10h20 Wrap-up
To participate, you need:
• A computer with an internet connection,
• Speakers or earphones (to be able to listen),
• A microphone (this is not necessary if you do not intend to speak; a chat box is also available),
• JAVA (Version 6 Build 17). It is very likely that your computer already has it but please try to log in a few days before at this link: https://sas.elluminate.com/mrtbl?suid=M.ADEDA35248748F2B668FC54BCF3BC0
• If you receive a message that you need to install JAVA, you can download the latest Java, free of charge, from this site: http://www.elluminate.com/support/manual_installer.jsp
If you cannot participate, a recording of the event will be posted online a few days after the web conference at http://www.unicef.org/aids/index_events.html
HIV And AIDS Section, Programme Division
3 UN Plaza, H-10 A
New York, NY 10017, USA
email: rviswanathan at unicef.org<mailto:rviswanathan at unicef.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-development