[open-development] Aidinfo recruitment

Simon Parrish simon at devinit.org
Tue Apr 26 09:48:06 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

Just a heads up that the aidinfo team at Development Initiatives are
expanding and looking for a couple of people to help advance the push for
open data in development.

There is flexibility around the exact nature of the roles, depending on the
person, but broadly the roles are:

* a business analyst role to support aid agencies (donors, NGOs, foundations
etc.) to publish open data based on the new standards for aid information
defined by the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). It will
also involve working with users of aid information, such as Governments in
developing countries, to adapt their systems to use IATI-compliant data

* a capacity development role to provide training and support to users of
information on aid and other resources targeted at reducing poverty ­ with a
particular focus on southern civil society organisations - and to provide
data analysis support for the aidinfo team.

We also recruiting data analysts to work on other Development Initiatives
programmes (Global Humanitarian Assistance, DATA report etc.)

Details are here
http://www.devinit.org/recruitment

Give me a shout if you want any further information or want to discuss.

Cheers,

Simon