[open-development] [open-economics] Project idea OpenEcon and call for coders

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Apr 22 13:25:49 UTC 2011

First off: I think both Guo's idea -- "Right or Wrong" -- (or perhaps
"Yes or No") and Dirk's -- Progress Vote -- are excellent.

They've also got me thinking. I'd like to propose that:

i) We take the World Bank prize money ($5k) and allocate it to fund the next app

ii) We choose the next app by a mini 'cfp' using
http://ideas.okfn.org/ over the next 2 weeks
  * Just post your idea and tag with 'open-economics' plus 'cfp-2011'

iii) People can vote and comment on ideas. Then following discussion
here we can decide what to work on.

Rufus

PS: I am also interested in Dirk's suggestion of submitting to
appsforscience though it does seem to be *very* tied to Elsevier's
platform (not only do you have to use their material you have to
upload to their  SciVerse system, use their eclipse plugin etc)

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation