[open-development] OECD Development Assistance Committee Open Data?

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 12:13:38 UTC 2011

Hello Brian, Karin

Many thanks. I've managed to get the list of what the codes are from IATI
Standard (and out of the free-text in IATI files themselves to build
on-demand code-lists).

In an ideal world I was hoping there might be somewhere with a nice URL for
each code, and details of the supporting documentation of how that code is
to be applied - but I'm guessing we're a fair way off that at the moment...

That said - if the code lists were available in a standard form (and under
open license), it might be something Data Incubator (
http://dataincubator.org/) could be used to host in the short-term, if
hosting directly on OECD site etc. was tricky - given (I've just discovered
on checking it...) it's already hosting a copy of the OECD Statistical
Glossary (which alas doesn't seem to include DAC codes...)

All the best

Tim

--

http://www.timdavies.org.uk