[open-development] Examples for open data projects - sorry for cross-posting

Claudia Schwegmann claudia.schwegmann at openaid.de
Thu Jul 14 09:49:45 UTC 2011

Dear all
The Open Knowledge Foundation Germany, OpenAid, Transparency International Germany and the Heinrich Böll Foundation are organising an Open Aid Data Event in Berlin on the 28th and 29th of September. Our goal is to help NGO and government agencies, parlamentarians and journalists (mainly in Germany, Austria and Switzerland) to understand the potential of open data for development cooperation.

For this event we are looking for INTERESTING EXAMPLES of open data projects that can illustrate this potential (economic, social, political, administrative potential). Examples could be from development cooperation or any other public sector.

I would be very happy if you could make suggestions for such examples. Feel free to send such suggestions to me directly claudia.schwegmann at openaid.de or to the list.
Key criteria is that people who are not at all familiar with open data can understand its value and relevance.

Similar, though smaller events are planned in Prague on the 4th of October and in Paris. I hope to send more information about these events soon.

Apologies for cross-posting!

Thanks a lot
Claudia

Claudia Schwegmann
Birkenkamp 41
30900 Wedemark

Tel/Fax:

+49-(0)5130-609691
Mobil: +49-(0)163-326 6504
Germany

OpenAid

Visit
 us on Facebook
 Follow me on Twitter

Join us at the Open Aid Data Event in Berlin - 28th and 29th of September 2011:
A Hackday, Data Training and Conference to promote Open Data and Transparency in development cooperation!