[open-development] Open Development Birds of a Feather at OKCon

Caitlin Bentley Caitlin.Bentley.2010 at live.rhul.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 14:06:11 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I was unfortunately unable to attend the conference in Berlin, and I have
yet to meet anyone other than Tim face-to-face so it would indeed be very
helpful (especially to a lurker such as myself) to read what others are up
to.

I am immersed in a sea of literature at the moment as I am attempting to
finish my conceptual framework for my PhD dissertation. I am just at the
start of my degree.

I suppose at the moment I am exploring the conceptual soundness of open
development and how fit the ideas are to inform practice. I would definitely
be willing to contribute to a bibliography, I think that's a great idea.

Is this wiki page: http://wiki.okfn.org/Wg/development the only workspace
that this group has had? Or is it that most people on this list are
organisation workers, and are doing separate things in their own spaces? I'm
not really sure how this group operates. I signed up for a bunch of
open/linked/data/development lists, and none of them are very active, so I'm
still wondering what each list is for!!

Thanks,

Caitlin