[open-development] Fwd: Full Disclosure aid transparency blog seeks contributions.

Theodora Middleton theodora.middleton at okfn.org
Sat Oct 15 12:47:53 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rolf Rosenkranz <rolf.rosenkranz at devex.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Subject: Full Disclosure aid transparency blog seeks contributions.
To: "Claudia Elliot (claudia.elliot at publishwhatyoufund.org)"
<claudia.elliot at publishwhatyoufund.org>

Dear Full Disclosure supporter,

this year has already seen much progress in the promotion of aid
transparency. Now, Busan is right around the corner – and I’m sure
you’re working hard to make it a success.

To create momentum about aid transparency in the runup to the
high-level meeting on aid effectiveness, I’d like to solicit your
contribution to the Full Disclosure blog, hosted on the Devex website
in collaboration with Publish What You Fund.

Please let me know if you’d be able to share just a few paragraphs on
one (or more) of the following questions in the days or weeks ahead:

1.    Why is aid transparency important for Busan?

2.    What do you considered a desired, and a realistic, outcome of Busan?

3.    What are you doing now to gear up for Busan?

4.    What should the 2012 agenda be for aid transparency advocates?

Please cc Publish What You Fund’s Claudia Elliot (cc’d here), who is
helping to run the blog.

What makes a good blog contribution?

We want our global readership to come away from reading “Full
Disclosure” with new ideas for how to improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of their work.

The ideal “Full Disclosure” guest contribution is:

1)    Relevant – talks about an issue that relates to the news of the
day and/or is on our community’s minds right now.

2)    Exploratory and thoughtful – hones in and provides detail on one
issue only without trying to explain the solution for, say, a complex
challenge such as global poverty.

3)    Collaborative and practical – provides practical suggestions
that will help our colleagues in the international development
community advocate, fundraise or deliver assistance more efficiently
and effectively.

4)    Engaging – ends with a question or conversation starter that
will provoke feedback from our community, whether you’re soliciting
tips for mastering a new donor database on aid flows or participants
in an upcoming aid transparency campaign you’re planning.

5)    Short –your contribution may be as long as you want it to be,
but a good length tends to be 200 to 500 words.

Please don’t hesitate to contact Claudia or me with questions or suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rolf

Rolf Rosenkranz

Editor, News & Careers, Devex – Do Good. Do It Well. TM

+1 202.249.9222 ext. 212 (p) | +1 202.821.2855 (m) | +1 202.318.2456 (f)

http://www.devex.com/register

http://twitter.com/devex

http://facebook.com/devex

--