[open-development] Innovation Challenge - Rockefeller Foundation - Includes "Decoding Data" to help poor in cities

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 12:38:19 UTC 2012

See the below funding opportunity from Rockefeller Foundation looking for
ideas around *"Decoding Data - How will you use data to create change that
improves the quality of life of poor or vulnerable communities in cities?"*
*
*
Open to applications from anywhere in the world...
*
*
*(via ciresearchers / eDemocracy lists)*

From:
http://centennial.rockefellerfoundation.org/challenge

One of the three challenges:

Decoding Data - How will you use data to create change that improves the
quality of life of poor or vulnerable communities in cities?

More:

2012 INNOVATION CHALLENGES

ARE YOU A 21ST CENTURY PROBLEM-SOLVER?

To mark the centennial of The Rockefeller Foundation, we are seeking the
knowledge and innovative ideas that will solve problems for the next 100
years.

In the face of these 21st century realities, achieving the Foundation's
overall goal to build resilience and more equitable growth, especially for
poor or vulnerable people, relies in part on our commitment to a continuing
search for, and openness to, new ideas and new ways of building solutions to
these complex crises.

As many as 9 out of 15 finalists will be selected by the Foundation to apply
for up to $100,000 in grant support to further develop or implement their
ideas.

ENTER BY MAY 25, 2012