[open-development] job opportunity: IATI

Simon Parrish simon at devinit.org
Mon Apr 23 09:28:30 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

<shameless-recruitment-plug>

We're looking to recruit someone to join our team at aidinfo and lead our work on International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI).  The role will be to manage the Technical Advisory Group secretariat function, which leads on development and management of the IATI standard and infrastructure; supports donors, NGOs and private organisations to publish open data; and facilitates the TAG membership – an international community focussed on advancing aid transparency.

It now is a critical time for IATI: it has now reached critical mass - with the US recently joining meaning that donors providing 80% of official aid are now committed to being ‘IATI-compliant’, as well as many other NGOs, UN agencies, private organisations etc. We now need to make it happen and ensure it is effective

So this is a great opportunity to play a leading role in a large-scale international open development data initiative. and help make it happen.

Applications close on 4th May, so it's quite a short timeframe.

</shameless-recruitment-plug>

Give me a shout if it you want to discuss. Cheers.

Simon

Simon Parrish | programme leader, aidinfo @ Development Initiatives | • email: simon at devinit.org<applewebdata://BD6D440D-A47B-4023-ADF4-FB910BA085B2/simon@devinit.org> | • Web: http://www.aidinfo.org<http://www.aidinfo.org/> | • Web: http://www.devinit.org<http://www.devinit.org/> | • UK mobile: +44 (0) 7794 147 644| •Skype: simon.parrish73
Independent research on aid, development policy, NGOs and government relations