No subject

Thu Oct 25 19:26:07 UTC 2012

GMT. This will take place via GoToMeeting and can be accessed via the link
at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/488177266. If you do not already have
the GoToMeeting software installed (free download when you join a call)
then please make sure you arrive at least 5 minutes early to the call to
get that set-up.

This call is "An open meeting to discuss plans for the Open Development
Working Group in 2013.

A chance to suggest areas of focus, volunteer for and coordinate tasks, and
discuss plans for a project proposal to IDRC. Planning notes and agenda
will be developed at http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg"

I look forward to talking with you all next week :)

Tim

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Tim Davies <
tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> development. Working for inclusive openness through action and advocacy."
>
>    - *Add your comments or suggested changes here...*
>

> *Opportunities, ideas & actions for 2013 (summarised)*
> *Below is a summarised list of activities that have been suggested for
> the group. Add your comments on the proposals below. **Please include
> your name/twitter handle to indicate who comments are from. E.g.
> (@timdavies). *
>
> *Online things*
>
>    - *Create a space where membership of the Working Group is more
>    visible (e.g Facebook; LinkedIn; Wiki page; OKFN Buddypress)*
>

>    - *Question: *What platform?
>

>    - *Action: *Tim to set-up once decided upon / if wanted.
>

>    - *Regular blogging of interesting open development news*
>

>    - Other OKF working groups make extensive use of their blogs. We don't
>    much. Is there someone who would be interested in being blog editor to
>    ensure regular news and updates are posted.
>

>    - *Hold thematic discussions on key open development topics - *either
>    in a sychronous web meeting, or asynchronous list conversations.
>

>    - *Action: *Any volunteers to coordinate this?
>

>    - *Run online peer-assists - *inviting someone with an
>    open-development challenge to put it to the group, either in a sychron=
ous
>    web meeting, or asynchronous list conversations.
>

>    - *Action: *Any volunteers to coordinate this?
>

>    - *Develop the conceptual debate on strands of open development
>    through working together on articles, journal papers and presentations=
*

>    - *Action: *Does anyone want to propose a first article to work on
>    together?
>

>    - *Work on open data and advocacy around the MDGs and post-MDGs agenda=
*

>    - Potentially drawing on other OKF working groups and local groups.
>

>    - *Action: *What would this look like? Can anyone volunteer to develop
>    what this might look like further?
>

> *Offline things*
>
>    - *Raise awareness of open development concepts  - *through fringe
>    events at European Development Day and other events. This might involv=
>    workshops, hack days, or presentations.
>

>    - *Action: *We need a volunteer to update
>    http://lanyrd.com/guides/open-aid-data/ and/or create an additional
>    open-development events calendar (broader than open aid data). *Any
>    takers? *(You should be able to log-in and start editing straight away=
)

>    - *Organise local events and activities - such as debates on open
>    development for NGOs*
>

>    - *Question: *Is there something as a group we can do to support this?
>    Can we support emergence of local 'open development' groups within
>    organisations?
>

>    - *Organise open development activities around OKFest 2013 in Geneva*
>

>    - Exact details of OKFest still tbc. but it looks like being September
>    in Geneva at a UN Conference Centre. Very good opportunities to target=
 UN
>    institutions for conversations on open development.
>

>    - *Run a fellowship programme - *the open science working group
>    secured funding for  two part-time 'fellows' who spent their year with=
>    stipend to work on open development related topics. Could we do the sa=
me?
>    For e.g. supporting early career development pofessionals in North and
>    South to work on specific open development advocacy and capacity build=
ing
>    projects.
>

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Matthew Smith <msmith at idrc.ca> wrote:
>
>>  Hi all,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I=92m excited to see what this emerging Open Development group gets up t=
>> this upcoming year. Given our interest in Open Development at the IDRC
>> (Canada=92s International Development Research Centre), I=92m trying to =
see if
>> I might be able to drum up some funds to potentially support a group
>> activity that would advance the field and grow the community. So, I want=
ed
>> to throw this out to the group for brainstorming =96 how could some fund=
s be
>> put to productive use over the next year or so to advance open developme=
nt?
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> There are a few constraints, of course. First, the funds would have to
>> flow through an institution, so there would have to be someone willing t=
>> host and manage it. Second, the activity would have to have a focus
>> on/include =96 and preferably be based out of =96 the =91global south=92=
. Third, is
>> the amount of funds -- we aren=92t talking a large amount here, but it a=
lso
>> isn=92t fixed =96 it would of course depend upon the nature of the activ=
ity.
>> I=92m imagining that it could go as high as 25k, with which I=92m sure w=
e could
>> accomplish a lot. Of course, if the group came up with an amazing idea, =
>> could try to argue for more. ;-)****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Perhaps when Tim comes back from the OKFN meeting of working groups =96 =
he
>> can give us an update and then we could do a little brainstorming. There=
 is
>> certainly no obligation, of course, I just thought it might be a good
>> opportunity given the group is currently pondering what to do for the
>> upcoming year. If a good idea emerges, great. If not, perhaps next year!=
> [...]

--=20

http://www.timdavies.org.uk
07834 856 303.
@timdavies

Co-director of Practical Participation:
http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk
--------------------------
Practical Participation Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales -
#5381958.

--047d7b621e9c26bac004d63b6662

is Tuesday 26th Feb at 3pm GMT. This will take place via GoToMeeting and ca=
n be accessed via the link at <a href=3D"https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/=
488177266">https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/488177266</a>. If you do not a=
lready have the GoToMeeting software installed (free download when you join=
 a call) then please make sure you arrive at least 5 minutes early to the c=
all to get that set-up.=A0</div>

240,240,240);color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:15p=
x;line-height:20px">An open meeting to discuss plans for the Open Developme=
nt Working Group in 2013.</span></div>

ans-serif;font-size:15px;line-height:20px;background-color:rgb(240,240,240)=
"><span style=3D"color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size=
:15px;line-height:20px;background-color:rgb(240,240,240)">A chance to sugge=
st areas of focus, volunteer for and coordinate tasks, and discuss plans fo=
r a project proposal to IDRC. Planning notes and agenda will be developed a=
t=A0</span><span style=3D"background-color:rgb(240,240,240)"><font color=3D=
"#0066dd" face=3D"Arial, sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:15px;line-hei=
ght:20px"><a href=3D"http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg">http://okfnpad.org/opend=
iv>

, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Tim Davies <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tim@=
practicalparticipation.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">tim at practicalparticipation.=

 check the doodle at=A0<a href=3D"http://www.doodle.com/s78zm9y3b7neeh76" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.doodle.com/s78zm9y3b7neeh76</a>=A0and comment o=
n the etherpad at:=A0<a href=3D"http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg</a>.</div>

only able to stay for one day of the OKF Winter Summit - but had lots of go=
od updates and inspiration from the various local and working groups, and u=
pdates on OKF core strategy, where there are conversations going on around =
whether there could be regular areas of &#39;campaign focus&#39; across the=
 whole of the network a couple of times a year, and of how working groups c=
ould also develop local branches in order to anchor their work more to part=
icular places or organisations. We also had discussions about group structu=
res, and whether we need to create a slightly more formal steering group an=
d membership - with the general view being that this was only needed when f=
unds or significant decision making on behalf of the group were involved. S=
o, with Matthew&#39;s e-mail below this is something we might need to give =
some more thought to...</div>

) with anyone interested in being involved in plans for 2013: both things w=
e can do on voluntary basis in our current loose-knit network form; and exp=
loring possible ideas for a funded project proposal to IDRC. <b>Fill in the=
 Doodle to choose a time here:</b>=A0<a href=3D"http://www.doodle.com/s78zm=
9y3b7neeh76" target=3D"_blank">http://www.doodle.com/s78zm9y3b7neeh76</a>=
=A0</div>

to focus on, I&#39;ve summarised all the suggestions in the Etherpad, and s=
ome from OKF Summit, here:=A0<b><a href=3D"http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg</a> - </b>and pasted in below.=
 Please do go there to comment, indicate anything you could volunteer to wo=
rk on, or suggest further focus and ideas.=A0</div>

oup based on feedback in the pad:<span style=3D"font-size:13px;padding-top:=
1px;padding-bottom:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;line-height:17px"><b>=
=A0</b></span><span style=3D"font-size:13px;padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:=
1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;line-height:17px">&quot;Connecting open kn=
owledge and international development. Working for inclusive openness throu=
gh action and advocacy.&quot;</span></div>

=3D"Arial, sans-serif"><span style=3D"line-height:17px">Even if you&#39;ve =
not been very involved in this list before you are very welcome (and encour=
aged) to add your thoughts to the discussion, and to join the upcoming web =

, sans-serif"><span style=3D"line-height:17px"><br>

ial, sans-serif"><span style=3D"line-height:17px">*If you don&#39;t have ac=
cess to enough bandwidth for a web meeting, let me know and we can look int=
o ways to dial you in to the conversation by phone etc.=A0</span></font></d=
iv>

amily:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px"><i><span style=3D"p=
adding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">From the pad:=A0</span><span style=3D"fo=
nt-family:arial;font-size:small;line-height:normal"><a href=3D"http://okfnp=
ad.org/opendevwg" target=3D"_blank">http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg</a>=A0</sp=
an></i></div>

;line-height:17px"><i><span style=3D"font-family:arial;font-size:small;line=
amily:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">

ht:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
ttom:1px"><a href=3D"http://open-development.okfn.org/" target=3D"_blank">h=
;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Ar=
ial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
ation acts as a host to a number of working groups (</span><span style=3D"p=
adding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><a href=3D"http://okfn.org/wg/)" target=
=3D"_blank">http://okfn.org/wg/)</a></span><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;p=
adding-bottom:1px">. Open Development is one of them, focussing on open kno=
wledge in International Development. Below is a proposed update to our grou=
p description, and a list of possible activities for 2013. This is open for=
 comments until 15th Feb.</span></div>

;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Ar=
ial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
 OKFN website)</span></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Aria=
l,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">

b></span><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">&quot;Connectin=
g open knowledge and international development. Working for inclusive openn=
ess through action and advocacy.&quot;</span></div>

;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li s=
tyle=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px">
ight:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
-size:13px;line-height:17px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:=

;line-height:17px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><i>Be=
low is a summarised list of activities that have been suggested for the gro=
up. Add your comments on the proposals below.=A0</i></span><span style=3D"p=
adding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b><i>Please include your name/twitter h=
andle to indicate who comments are from. E.g. (@timdavies).=A0</i></b></spa=
n></div>

;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Ar=
ial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
an></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-=
size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5=
em">

<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px"><b>Create a space where membership of the Working Group is mor=
e visible (e.g Facebook; LinkedIn; Wiki page; OKFN Buddypress)</b></span></=
li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
g-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">

<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3em;list-style-type:circle"><li=
 style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bo=
ttom:1px">Tim to set-up once decided upon / if wanted.=A0</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Regular =
</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px">Other OKF working groups make extensive use of their blogs. We=
 don&#39;t much. Is there someone who would be interested in being blog edi=
tor to ensure regular news and updates are posted.=A0</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Hold the=
matic discussions on key open development topics -=A0</b></span><span style=
=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">either in a sychronous web meeting,=
 or asynchronous list conversations.=A0</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
e:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-fam=
ily:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Run onli=
ne peer-assists -=A0</b></span><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-botto=
m:1px">inviting someone with an open-development challenge to put it to the=
 group, either in a sychronous web meeting, or asynchronous list conversati=
ons.=A0</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
e:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-fam=
ily:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Develop =
the conceptual debate on strands of open development through working togeth=

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px">Does anyone want to propose a first article to work on togethe=
r?</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Work on =
</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px">Potentially drawing on other OKF working groups and local grou=
,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">

<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3em;list-style-type:circle"><li=
 style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bo=
ttom:1px">What would this look like? Can anyone volunteer to develop what t=
his might look like further?</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
pan></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font=
-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Raise aw=
areness of open development concepts=A0 -=A0</b></span><span style=3D"paddi=
ng-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">through fringe events at European Developmen=
t Day and other events. This might involve workshops, hack days, or present=
ations.</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px">We need a volunteer to update=A0</span><span style=3D"padding-=
top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><a href=3D"http://lanyrd.com/guides/open-aid-da=
ta/" target=3D"_blank">http://lanyrd.com/guides/open-aid-data/</a></span><s=
pan style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">=A0and/or create an additi=
onal open-development events calendar (broader than open aid data).=A0</spa=
/span><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px">(You should be abl=
e to log-in and start editing straight away)</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Organise=
 local events and activities - such as debates on open development for NGOs=

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
ng-bottom:1px">Is there something as a group we can do to support this? Can=
 we support emergence of local &#39;open development&#39; groups within org=
anisations?=A0</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Organise=
</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 3=
em;list-style-type:circle">
<li style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding=
-bottom:1px">Exact details of OKFest still tbc. but it looks like being Sep=
tember in Geneva at a UN Conference Centre. Very good opportunities to targ=
et UN institutions for conversations on open development.</span></li>

</ul></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:13px;line-height:17px"><br></div><div style=3D"padding-right:1px;fon=
t-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:17px">
<ul style=3D"padding:0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 1.5em"><li style=3D"padding:0px=
;margin:0px"><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bottom:1px"><b>Run a fe=
llowship programme -=A0</b></span><span style=3D"padding-top:1px;padding-bo=
ttom:1px">the open science working group secured funding for=A0 two part-ti=
me &#39;fellows&#39; who spent their year with a stipend to work on open de=
velopment related topics. Could we do the same? For e.g. supporting early c=
areer development pofessionals in North and South to work on specific open =
development advocacy and capacity building projects.=A0</span></li>

n Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Matthew Smith <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:msmith at idrc.ca" target=3D"_blank">msmith at idrc.ca</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br>

rder-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div>

libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">I=92m excited to see what this emerging=
 Open Development group gets up to this upcoming year. Given our interest i=
n Open Development at the IDRC (Canada=92s International Development
 Research Centre), I=92m trying to see if I might be able to drum up some f=
unds to potentially support a group activity that would advance the field a=
nd grow the community. So, I wanted to throw this out to the group for brai=
nstorming =96 how could some funds be
 put to productive use over the next year or so to advance open development=
? <u></u>
libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">There are a few constraints, of course.=
 First, the funds would have to flow through an institution, so there would=
 have to be someone willing to host and manage it. Second,
 the activity would have to have a focus on/include =96 and preferably be b=
ased out of =96 the =91global south=92. Third, is the amount of funds -- we=
 aren=92t talking a large amount here, but it also isn=92t fixed =96 it wou=
ld of course depend upon the nature of the activity.
 I=92m imagining that it could go as high as 25k, with which I=92m sure we =
could accomplish a lot. Of course, if the group came up with an amazing ide=
libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Perhaps when Tim comes back from the OK=
FN meeting of working groups =96 he can give us an update and then we could=
 do a little brainstorming. There is certainly no obligation,
 of course, I just thought it might be a good opportunity given the group i=
s currently pondering what to do for the upcoming year. If a good idea emer=
/span></p>
libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Warm regards,<br>
size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Matthew=
 L. Smith</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calib=
ri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">, Ph.D.</span><span style=3D"font-size:11.=
/span></p>

libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a href=3D"tel:%2B1%20613%20696%202303"=

libri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">@openict4d</span><span style=3D"font-si=
ze:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><u></u><u=

nt-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&qu=
ot;sans-serif&quot;"> <a href=3D"mailto:open-development-bounces at lists.okfn=
.org" target=3D"_blank">open-development-bounces at lists.okfn.org</a> [mailto=
:<a href=3D"mailto:open-development-bounces at lists.okfn.org" target=3D"_blan=
k">open-development-bounces at lists.okfn.org</a>]
<b>To:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:open-development at lists.okfn.org" target=3D"_bl=
ank">open-development at lists.okfn.org</a><br>
<b>Subject:</b> [open-development] Where next for the Open Development work=
nowledge Foundation Working Groups next weekend (2nd/3rd Feb) to catch up w=
ith how OKF is evolving, to learn from other working groups, and to think a=
bout how the Open Development group might
 straight to the etherpad for discussion at
ze:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
&quot;Central point of reference and support for people who are interested =
in open knowledge in development&quot; and over the last year we have been =
involved in organising OKFest streams, sharing ideas and knowledge, support=
ing hack events on development data, and I&#39;m
ans-serif&quot;">We run through this mailing list, and ad-hoc smaller group=
s. I&#39;m nominally mailing list moderator, but we have no formal leadersh=

ans-serif&quot;">So - if you can spare 3 minutes, then there&#39;s an ether=
pad here:=A0<a href=3D"http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg" target=3D"_blank">http=
://okfnpad.org/opendevwg</a> that you can edit to add your thoughts on:</sp=

<ul type=3D"disc">
<li class=3D"MsoNormal">
w to spend the small budget OKF make available to working groups</span><u><=
u></p>
ies.org.uk</a><br>
07834 856 303.<br>

open-development mailing list<br>
evelopment at lists.okfn.org</a><br>
ent" target=3D"_blank">http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/open-developme=
nt</a><br>
acticalparticipation.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">http://www.practicalparticipa=
tion.co.uk</a><br>
--------------------------<br>Practical Participation Ltd is a registered c=
ompany in England and Wales - #5381958.=20
ref=3D"http://www.timdavies.org.uk" target=3D"_blank">http://www.timdavies.=
Participation: <a href=3D"http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk" target=