[open-development] Open Data in Developing Countries

Claudia Schwegmann cl.schwegmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:57:19 UTC 2013

Dear List Members

I am preparing a report on open data in developing countries and I would be
happy to hear you comments on two questions:

1) Why so many developing countries are joining the Open Government
Partnership - What are the drivers and expected outcomes in your views?

2) In Europe both governments and the European Union are often promoting
Open Data as a means to generate economic growth - what are the arguments
for open data that governments or civil society organisations are putting
forth in developing countries?

Thanks a lot for your help! I will share the report with this list once it
is finalised!

Claudia

--
Claudia Schwegmann
*Open Knowledge Foundation Germany* <http://okfn.de>

Tel/Fax +49 (0) 5130 609691
Mobil +49 (0)163 326 6504
Twitter @OpenAidGermany
Skype Claudia.Schwegmann

*Die Open Knowledge Foundation setzt sich für offenes Wissen ein! Sie auch?
<http://okfn.de/organisation/spenden/>*