[open-development] Funded project proposals - call for ideas by end of March

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 09:21:04 UTC 2013

Dear all,

In our last group call we discussed the opportunity to put some funding
applications in as the Open Development Working Group, in particular to
IDRC for $20 - $30k.

We agreed to collate proposals by the end of March. So, if you've got an
idea for a concrete project that the Working Group could be involved in or
host, make sure you've put together a proposal on an Etherpad at
http://okfnpad.org/opendevwg - There is a template there for proposals, and
an example proposal on Open Development Fellowships that I've put together.

Once ideas are in, we'll be able to discuss on the list which we want to
put forward for funding.

All the best

Tim

P.S - As I went through notes from our last meeting on the Etherpad I
noticed two fairly urgent action points: (1) Bursary funding for OKFestival
Participation - some people mentioned possible funding that might need to
be applied for now to help broaden participation in Septembers Open
Knowledge Festival in Geneva... please do start a discussion on the list if
you can take action on this and need input; (2) the OECD Global Development
Forum is taking place at the start of April, and it had been suggested that
we campaign on opening OECD data. Anyone interested in taking that forward
/ working out next steps to make it happen?

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Tim Davies <tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk