[open-development] Licensing of Common and Fundamental Operational Datasets from United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 15:27:04 UTC 2013

Interesting. My reading of the Terms of Use is roughly NonCommercial-Attribution.
Besides that (IMO) unnecessary restriction, OCHA probably doesn't have the right to relicense.
The COD/FOD is a collection of data sets from many sources (including me in fact), and they should simply communicate the license, not assign new restrictions.
I do know folks involved with this at OCHA, will ping them about it.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron